WATCH our “virtual” Public Meeting and read below for how you can help.
* Write to EDF and ask them not to submit its application for a Development Consent Order during any coronavirus restrictions (which government advisers say could last most of the year). EDF has said it will delay “a few weeks”. Tell them a short delay would be unacceptable and they should not proceed until the Planning Inspectorate, Government’s Statutory Advisers, Local Authorities, Parish and Town Councils, Groups and individuals are fully resourced and fully able to engage. Without this, the planning process would be severely compromised. Email EDF on email@example.com and ask Suffolk Coastal MP Therese Coffey to support this message: firstname.lastname@example.org (best to email her separately and – if you are a constituent – include your address. You can copy County and District Councillors, see contacts below).
* Take Action! Ask the Planning Inspectorate not to accept EDF’s application for consent to build Sizewell C. Ask family and friends to join in too: https://actions.sumofus.org/a/stop-edf-planning-application/
* Follow us on social media, and watch and share our videos, like the one below
* Oppose the new funding model the government is consulting on for new nuclear – the Regulated Asset Base (RAB) – under which EDF has suggested that all UK energy customers could pay £6/year towards Sizewell C. Please Sign and share this action from consumer campaign group Sum Of Us. https://actions.sumofus.org/a/no-energy-bill-surcharge-for-new-nuclear
* Stay In Touch: Join our email list via www.stopsizewellc.org/join to receive regular updates.
* Put up a Poster: Download artwork for our posters above for printing A3 or A4 size from www.dropbox.com/home/New%20Artwork%20March%202020
EDF, Sizewell C Information Office, 48-50 High Street Leiston, Suffolk IP16 4EW, email@example.com
Suffolk Coastal Member of Parliament: Dr Therese Coffey, House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA. Tel: 020 7219 7164. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Suffolk County Council (SCC): Endeavour House, 8 Russell Road, Ipswich IP1 2BX.
SCC Leader, including Economic Development and Infrastructure: Cllr Matthew Hicks, email@example.com
Deputy Leader; Cllr Mary Evans firstname.lastname@example.org
Environment and Public Protection and County Council Lead on Sizewell C: Cllr Richard Rout email@example.com
Highways and Transport & Rural Issues: Cllr Andrew Reid firstname.lastname@example.org
East Suffolk District Council: Melton Hill, Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP12 1AU or Riverside, 4 Canning Rd, Lowestoft,
Leader & Finances/Resources: Steve Gallant, email@example.com
Deputy Leader & Economic Development, and ESC lead on Sizewell C: Craig Rivett, firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning and Coastal Management: David Ritchie, email@example.com
Communities, Leisure and Tourism: Leticia Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
Environment: James Mallinder, email@example.com
Transport: Norman Brooks, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please copy any letters to Aldeburgh & Leiston Ward’s three District Councillors: Tony Cooper email@example.com, TJ Haworth Culf Terry-Jill.Haworth-Culf@eastsuffolk.gov.uk, and Jocelyn Bond firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning Inspectorate [PINS], Temple Quay House, Temple Quay, Bristol BS1 6PN, email@example.com